Click on the highlighted Module you would like to use. You will go directly to this module, where you will find:
1) a Table of Contents, including page numbers
2) An Introduction to the Module
3) All activities and curriculum materials
Module A: WHY YATST? and WHAT is YATST?
Activity 1: YATST Brochure Scavenger Hunt
Activity 2: YATST Overview Video*
Activity 3: YATST Web Wanderings
Activity 4: Graphic Overviews - YATST Goal & Methods
Activity 5: Harwood Prezi Powerpoint
Activity 6: YATST Rap Song & Logo
Activity 7: Margaret Wheatley Quote*
Activity 8: Youth Voice Quote Marketplace*
Activity 9: What Works in the Classroom? Ask the Students
Activity 10: Walk through Time (YATST’s Year Cycle)*
* Anchor activities for this module that have proven highly effective.
Module B: WHY do high schools need to change?
1) What does data tells us about how we are currently serving students?
2) What is this 21st Century skill set talk all about?
3) What do we know about learning that can help inform change?
Activity 1: Introduction to the 21st Century - SHIFTS HAPPEN
Activity 2: What ARE these 21st Century Skills?
Activity 3: Introduction to 21st Century Skills
Activity 4: Some Sobering Statistics
Activity 5: Too Many Sitting
Activity 6: Chalktalks: Neuroscience of Learning & Education Here & Now
Module C: Introduction to Engagement and the 4 Rs
Activity 1: Introduction to the 4 Rs
Activity 2: The 4 Rs: What they Look and Sound Like
Activity 3: The 4 Rs: My Personal Stories
Activity 4: “ Profiles of a Student” Activity: Applying the 4 Rs
Activity 5: 4 Rs Bingo
Module D: What do Transformed Schools Look Like?
Activity 1: The Transformation Matching Game
Activity 2: Video Resources about Innovation
Activity 3: School Visits
Activity 4: YATST Best Practices Self-Assessment Tool